Grow Minnesota! is a state-wide program founded in 2003 by the Minnesota Chamber of Commerce to support existing businesses throughout the state. Through the program, business development staff from Greater Mankato Growth (GMG), along with area officials from the Regional Economic Development Alliance (REDA) and the state, conducts face-to-face visits with leaders from area companies. In 2012, Greater Mankato Growth performed over 50 Grow Minnesota! visits with a diverse collection of businesses from throughout the Greater Mankato region.
Grow Minnesota is a private-sector led continuous business retention and expansion program. Greater Mankato Growth plans to increase the number of visits in 2013 through the use of trained volunteers. If you're interested in becoming a volunteer, please complete this commitment form and submit it firstname.lastname@example.org, fax it to 507-345-4451, or drop it off at 1961 Premier Drive, Suite 100. Preference will be given to those with executive level experience.
Grow Minnesota! visits provide an opportunity businesses to:
- Outline any specific barriers they are facing
- Present their current and future strategic direction
- Obtain connections to resources and supply chain opportunities which help their business grow and thrive in the region
Grow Minnesota! also benefits the entire marketplace, enabling GMG and area officials to:
- Identify overall business challenges and opportunities for the region
- Develop proactive economic development strategies to meet the needs of businesses
- Gain access to aggregated information gathered during all businesses visits throughout the state, providing business trends and regional comparison data for the entire state that can be useful to GMG and businesses in the region
To schedule a visit at your company, contact Greater Mankato Growth at (507) 385.6649 or email@example.com.
Here is the short questionnaire completed prior to the Grow Minneosta! visit.